THE GARDEN | Architecture
Over 200 years ago, the University took over the botanic gardens, known as El Botànic, located in the Huerto de Tramoyeres. A building project was commissioned, with a view to improving the growing conditions of the plant collections and make them suitable for scientific and teaching purposes.

Nowadays, interesting 19th century constructions live side by side in the Garden, iron and brick-work being the predominant characteristics. These include the shade-house (1900), the pond greenhouse (1888) and the tropical greenhouse (1862), among others. In sharp contrast, the research building, inaugurated in the year 2000, towers over the garden entrance giving it a modern air.
validxhtml validcss